Dr. Lennie Malang
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Understanding ADHD: Information for Parents About Attention -Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
What to Do for ADHD
Tips for Parents of Children with ADHD
Educational Rights for Children with ADHD
Initial Vanderbilt Parent Assessment Form
Initial Vanderbilt Teacher Assessment Form
Follow Up Vanderbilt Parent Assessment Form
Follow Up Vanderbilt Teacher Assessment Form
Special Education and other Rights
of Children with Disability:
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a law that makes available a free appropriate public education to eligible children with disabilities throughout the nation and ensures special education and related services to those children.
All children, including those with ADHD, are eligible for services if they have the disabilities below and can be shown to need special education in order to benefit from their educational program.
- Intellectual or cognitive disabilities
- Hearing impairment, including deafness
- Speech or language impairment
- Visual impairment, including blindness
- Serious emotional disturbance
- Orthopedic impairment
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
- Other health impairment, including ADHD and Tourette disorder
- Specific learning disabilities
- Developmental delay (used in some states for children aged 3–9 who have problems with development of their physical, cognitive, communication, social/emotional, or adaptive skills (everyday life skills)).
Is Your Teenager Depressed?
Depression Screening Questionnaire (PHQ 9):
Scoring of Depression Severity:
0-4 none, 5-9 mild, 10-14 moderate, 15-19 moderately severe, 20-27 severe.
If you are concerned that your child may be coping with depression, talk to your pediatrician.
Suicide Prevention Life Line Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
24 Hour Crisis Line of Pierce County: 1-800-576-7764
It's important to learn about the factors that can put a teen at risk for suicide. Spend some time reading these ten ways you can help prevent a tragedy from occurring.